Tuesday 3 July 2007

I (l) $50NL




I had a very successful day online. Managed to play pretty much all $50NL after playing pretty much all $25NL yesterday. I played 2k hands, and played reasonably throughout. Made a couple of BAD river calls, and a couple of horrible bluffs though. Here's a bad river call that i should've got away from:

Shoulda folded...

The whole reason i block bet the river was so i could fold to a shove, and to get value from badly played hands like KK, JJ, AJ. I can't see him ever shoving with a hand that i beat, so although tough, i think this is an easy fold. When he shoves, i think his range is precisely AA, QQ, AQ, or perhaps AK for a chop.

On the other hand, this is the hand i won most monies on today. I didn't play it great, but i didn't need to when they clearly wanted to give me their money:

Yum Yum.

Here's my updated pokertracker stats for the summer after two days:
And my summer graph:

All in all i made $485.15 playing cash games today.

I also played two donkaments, and got nowhere in those. Played a $20+$2 NL tourny, where some guy seemed to raise everyone of my flop bets, so I made a move on him, and lo and behold, he had indeed been hitting EVERY flop. Also played a $15+$1.50 PL Omaha tourny, where I flopped top set (the nuts) and someone made a flush against me early.

Today:
Cash Games: +$485.15
Donkaments: -$38.50
Bankroll: $718.69

If i can put together a couple more days like today, then I should be playing $100NL soon. Although i won't pretend for a second that i think the 27.85 ptbb/100 i'm currently running at in the $50NL games is sustainable...Downswing soon? :S

No comments: