Monday 9 July 2007

huh? a losing day?

Got back from my weekend in Paris celebrating my 21st earlier today. It was a pretty fun weekend, which included me playing a 100euro freezeout at the Aviation Club de France on the Champs Elysses. I was doing well in this, chipping up slowly even without any hands. The tournament had half hour blind levels, and i was chipping up nicely, managing to cruise to the last 3 tables (9 to a table, 77 started).

However, after the blinds being nice and slow (we started with 3k, it went 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 150/300) It then did a big jump to 200/400 with a 25 ante. I would like to see them add another level in here, like a 200/400 without antes first. Moving from paying 450 per round to paying 825 hurt me, and after carefully building a stack, i lost 1/3 being blinded while card dead in the 200/400-25. Then, at 300/600-25, I lost half my stack with 88 vs a short stacks TT, then shoved AJ and lost to A4. Sigh.

Since getting home, i have played 1000 hands and finished down for the day! :( I'm pretty tired after travelling a lot today, and after the weekend, so i won't bother with graphs/pokertracker/hands.

Today:
-$8.50 $50PLO Cash Game
+$35.50 Donk n Gos
-$191.35 Cash Games
Bankroll: $1377.19

I made a couple of pretty lose calls of 3-bets preflop. I lost a chunk when I built up a pot against an obvious flush draw, with the plan to bluff him off the river when the flush card hit on the river :( Also managed to lose a buy in with AT on a 987 flop, when i incorrectly deduced that i had fold equity (i had none). And leaked some money when I checked a river in order to induce a bluff, resulting in me paying off a better hand 's big bet, when a block bet on my part would've been much better.

Not too concerned though, a 2 buy-in downswing is so standard, but i would've hoped it would've been neutralised after 1k hands...lol variance?

Guess it just means i run like everyone else in the world :)

No comments: