Monday 25 January 2010

bwfwb g

Just finished playing poker for first time in a week. Had my graduation last wednesday, and returned from up north with a cold that has ko'd me for a week. Pretty much better now, but still have a stonking headache. Ended up over $700 last week, which wasn't bad as i only played monday and tuesday, but doesn't do much to help my bankroll growth. Up $200 today, but essentially even after paying for a trip to Prague. Misplayed a couple of hands, and got myself into a couple of dumb spots, but i knew i wouldn't be playing at my best until I can fully shake this cold.

Looking forward to going back to Prague with Warwick poker soc, last years trip was legitimately legendary. Hopefully get to play some poker too. I run bad in Europe so i'm going to aim to win at least the cost of the trip back while there. :)

First event of WBCOOP tonight. I expect a lot of people will be sitting out and it'll be quite soft, because it works out at less than $5 equity per person at the moment, and I assume most people with poker blogs are at least competent and thus not that bothered about $5. Be nice if I can run good in WBCOOP and use that to bankroll my SCOOP series.

Can't wait for SCOOP schedule to be announced. Assuming a similar line up to last years, I expect to at least play every low buy in (except for the $270ish HU), and will play a bunch of the mediums in the range of $100-$200. Don't really have the bankroll for $215s, but hopefully there'll be a couple worth a serious punt. Maybe i'll feel more adventurous by the time it rolls round and i've managed to get some serious grinding under my belt.

As regards grinding, in order to have a 6-figure year, I reckon I should be aiming for 2.5k hands a day, even without improvement/moving up. So once I get into the swing of 3k+ hand days, i'm hoping my 6-figure aim is no problem.

No comments: