Monday 5 November 2007

lol prop-bet-aments

Apparently some people actually read this, so i'm gonna try and update it more often.

So, as some as you may know, Rupert, a balla from pokersoc and I have a £200 year long prop bet on who can come higher in the "warwick poker player of the year" leaderboard. So far neither of us have any POTY points, so we both run good obv. Unlike previous years at poker soc, for the most part i've been playing quite well, but the last THREE weeks I have made the last two tables yet still don't have a final table appearance :( Could really have used at least one final table appearance so i can take a lead in this prop bet. Tonight lost half my chips with AJ vs AT all in pre with 10 left. Would've put me on about 50k ~ 1/6th of the chips in play with 10 left. The AT made a very questionable call imo considering the action and the fact they still had plenty of chips left to wait for a better spot. Next hand I shoved like 14k at 1k/2k blinds UTG 5 handed with K7s and was out. Been thinking about that shove a bit, but i can't play it any differently, considering we're just 5 handed, I have an M of <5, the players at the table are pretty nitty, only 2 more until final table, and the big blind this hand is good/tight and has enough chips to want to avoid marginal spots. Sadly he had AJs, and it was an easy call :(. Pretty happy with my play in general, only think of one hand i definitely misplayed which cost me 4k. With those chips i don't shove with K7s, and i obv win the tournament. Lol chaos theory.

On the plus side, with all these last two table appearances, i am racking up the £££££s in my last longer bets with Rupert :). AND i won a coinflip in the tourny tonight! Which NEVER happens!

Didn't play much online over the weekend as i was working, and when i did play i generally spewed. But my discipline is improving, as whenever i saw myself do something spewy i managed to stop myself from carrying on playing. Still made $75 though, sweet.

Here's my bankroll atm:

FTP: $833.45
Party: $838.23
Stars: $460.06
RB due: $39.03
Total: $2170.77

Will post graph etc some other time. The hand i lost most on over the weekend was playing HU vs an weak passive station. He limped and i checked and the flop came AQJ. I decided i was going to win the pot, even though i knew it would take multiple bets to get him to fold. So i bet pot, he called. Turn was a T. I bet pot again. This might seem like spew, but he'd been overplaying when he had the nuts/close to it in general, so figure he'll shove a king here. So when he called (didn't raise) I thought i could shove (bit over pot by now i think) the river and get a fold from his entire range. Of course, he called and showed QQ. Obv put me on tilt, so i left.

Right, bed time,see ya.

No comments: