Tuesday 20 May 2008

zOMG an update!

so, it's been a while since i actually updated this thing. I have still been playing teh poka. Until the start of May, cash was going steady, and had a couple of decent sessions back at $200nl. Then withdrew a bunch for bills etc, and must've suffered a cashout curse. Until, well, today, I have not been able to win a hand in May, and am suffering the most prolonged bad run I can recall. It included I think, 3 10+ buy in downswings at $100nl (with me nearly recovering after each one). It's knocked my confidence pretty low.

I have withdrawn all my online moneys to my poker bank account, except for $1k on party. Where cash is concerned, I am going to stay at $50nl for a while to rebuild bankroll a bit, and more importantly confidence. So far I have put in ~2.5k hands, and because it's may, went 6 buy ins down before pulling back to +1 buyin.

Fortunately, as a break from cash I have played some STTs, and am running super hot in them and have made $500 in the last couple of days. Also played 2 MTTs, but they were a bust.

My PTY roll is currently on $1505.80. I'd be quite happy if every week i can continue to grow this by 50%.

Sadly, a corollary of having such a bad month is that it looks unlikely now that i will be able to go to vegas this summer. I had planned on killing May and having a couple of k in online cash to blow on satellites. Oh well, there'll be EPTs and PCA etc.

My immediate aims right now are to get to crushing $200nl/$400nl and get a $20k roll so i can actually buy straight into the sunday donkaments each week, instead of looking for a stake.

No comments: